- About Us
- News & Events
- My SDBB
- Contact Us
We are currently taking APPOINTMENTS ONLY. For same-day appts, call (619) 400-8251.
BLOOD DONATION: Please make an appointment to donate blood. All blood types are needed.
CONVALESCENT PLASMA: Recovered COVID-19 patients can donate plasma to support patients fighting COVID-19. Learn more.
ANTIBODY TESTING: There are many SARS-Cov-2 antibody test options. SDBB is partnering with Genalyte to offer a testing option. Learn more.
For questions related to blood donation and COVID-19, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
To make an appointment, visit www.sandiegobloodbank.org/GiveLife. Donors must be 17 years or older, weigh a minimum of 114 pounds, and be in general good health.
Where can I donate blood nearby?
• Downtown San Diego and Chula Vista: Gateway Donor Center (2 miles east of downtown) - Click here
• El Cajon, La Mesa and Santee: East County Donor Center - Click here
• Escondido and San Marcos: North County Donor Center - Click here
• Vista, Oceanside and Carlsbad: Coastal Donor Center - Click here
• Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Mira Mesa and Rancho Peñasquitos: Sabre Springs Donor Center - Click here
• La Jolla, Carmel Valley and Del Mar: Carmel Valley Donor Center - Click here