Make an Appointment | Convalescent Plasma Donation | COVID-19 Deferrals and FAQs | Antibody Testing
Appointments Required. Safety measures are in place.
BLOOD DONATION: Please make an appointment to donate blood.
ANTIBODY TESTING: Starting Oct 26, all blood donations will be tested for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. Learn more.
CONVALESCENT PLASMA: Recovered COVID-19 patients can donate plasma to support patients fighting COVID-19. Learn more.
COVID-19 VACCINATION: Starting Jan 15, the following COVID-19 vaccines are permitted without a deferral period: AstraZeneca, Janssen, Moderna, Novavax and Pfizer. Learn more.
View Spanish version en español
For questions related to blood donation and COVID-19, including a full list of travel and exposure deferrals, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
- We are temporarily deferring donors for out-of-state travel in response to the California Department of Public Health advisory to quarantine for 28 days after travel. This includes travel to Baja, Mexico. If you traveled outside of California in the last 28 days, please reschedule.
- If you have an appointment, please allow extra time as we have implemented new screening and enhanced cleaning processes.
- If you have seasonal allergies, please donate when you are not experiencing symptoms. We are currently deferring anyone with symptoms shared with COVID-19.
- If donors cared for, lived with or otherwise have had close contact with an individual(s) diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 infection, they are deferred for 28 days (4 weeks) from the last date of exposure with the individual(s). Healthcare workers, please review our FAQs for donation deferrals.
- All donors who have been diagnosed with or are suspected of having COVID-19 are deferred for 4 weeks from the date the symptoms resolved.
- The following COVID-19 vaccines are permitted without a deferral period: AstraZeneca, Janssen, Moderna, Novavax and Pfizer. If you are unsure of the name of the COVID-19 vaccine or it is not listed, you will be deferred from donation for 14 days.
To make an appointment, visit sandiegobloodbank.org/donate. Donors must be 17 years or older, weigh a minimum of 114 pounds, and be in general good health.
Where can I donate blood nearby?
Please make an appointment. Appointments are available at our eight donor centers and blood drives in the community.
- Downtown San Diego: Gateway Donor Center (2 miles east of downtown) - Click here
- Point Loma, Ocean Beach, Old Town: Liberty Station Donation Location - Click here
- Chula Vista, National City and Imperial Beach: South Bay Donation Location - Click here
- El Cajon, La Mesa, Santee and Lakeside: East County Donor Center - Click here
- Escondido and San Marcos: North County Donor Center - Click here
- Vista, Oceanside and Carlsbad: Coastal Donor Center - Click here
- Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Mira Mesa and Rancho Peñasquitos: Sabre Springs Donor Center - Click here
- La Jolla, Carmel Valley and Del Mar: Carmel Valley Donor Center - Click here